April 29, 2009

Flash Back!

I am not sure why it is that I am peeping into all my past innocent brutalities, all the more often these days. Innocent because of the very essence of childhood, and brutal because it was involving me! There was once a poetry competition at college, where they had asked us to write about our favorite past memory; our first love or the first bike ride. I couldn't think of one memory back then as being essentially special in quality. Not that I had a bad childhood, only I was always too full of my present. But now that, I would be entering into the phase of college days when 'Last', is the word I would listen to most often, I am being forced to rewind the cassette of my memory; and view the pictures once again. During this process, it so happened this surprising night, that the reel moved a little too quickly, and stopped right at the stage when I was my mighty best. Six years old.

Six-year-old-Priyanka-Tadipatri, was all that I am today and a Lot more. A lot more active, a lot more enthusiastic about hitting guys in the nose, a lot more confident at bathroom singing, a lot more care free about who is listening and who is not, a lot more stylish and bold... and a lot more into extra-curricular-activities. Well, extra-curricular activities... I promise, I always ran the lemon-and-spoon race ahead of the rest! O.K. What else do you expect? In addition to these I was a lot more innocent and a lot more clever; presence of mind is what I am talking about. :-/

Six-year-old Priyanka loved going to school, for the only reason that her ten year old brother always went to school. She only wanted to be where he was, as she wasnt yet allowed other friends from the colony widely. Six-year-old Priyanka adored a classmate called Vishal(I am not in touch with him right now, Last I heard of him, was from his mother. He is into Medicine); this particular guy was amazing. He always topped the class and got two-mango-bites more than the rest of his friends. (Priyanka got one of the extra-two). He was cute and the best looking guy around. (Okay, well... if you ask if I always looked for good looking guys... that was just a natural instinct. He was cute yaar!)

One fine day when Six-year-old-Priyanka gets back home after a test; a test she had not prepared for, Mom expects a 'FAILED' on the score sheet; rather she finds an A grade. When Priyanka is asked as to how she managed the score... "It was as simple as listening to Shalu (Vishal) while he spelt what he wrote. He has this habit, you know. I listened carefully and wrote off. I can promise I did not copy..."

Very well, now you know what I call Innocent Brutality. ;-)
Cheers!

5 comments:

Tomz said...

well..i believe d pic is urs..

jaishu said...

hahahah...it was fun readin thru...!!!

jaishu said...

...BTW...u luk cute...in dat pic...!!!
its urs i guess...!!

Priyanka Tadipatri said...

Yep the picture is MINE! :-)

Unknown said...

strangely.....all of us have something from our childhood that we dare not give away or lose......and i mean ALL OF US........
some of us are enlightened enough[like thee] to realize that the child inside is actually the father[or mother.... :-|] of the being running the race outside.....