September 29, 2007

Yet another incident,first-hand from my diary....

There is this sixth grade girl in my neighbourhood ; smart that she is ,she blew my brains off ,with the heights of informedness she showed up . I, neck-deep in my ever existing ,typical 'i-am-elder' ego asked her,"Hey girl! Agreed, that u topped ur class again.But i ll ask u one simple question.Something u are supposed to know. Temme,wat are the planets of our Solar system??",( Very much ,with a wicked smile on my face added to the sarcaism in my eyes.Sure that she wud try and recollect the old "My Very Elderly Mother................." liner;Surer ..that she wud have promptly forgotten it , after her mid-term exams!MUHAHAHHAA!!!)

I guessed ,that she wud think for a while,before any answer. Yes,she did.But the answer that came out, left me dumbfounded for several minutes!!

She said"Err....but ,i donno the name of the tenth planet!".......

Generation Gap!!!

6 comments:

Satyaki said...

haha!

Tomz said...

hmm..i thot i commented on dis...it is wondeful to find dat u already began to feel d phenomenon called 'Generation Gap'..ur example and d experience was nt a silly one..i think...i too faced such situations..but i never considered dem as generation gap..now i feel dat i wud have taken dose incidents as pure generation gaps...kudos...

Priyanka Tadipatri said...

@Satyaki : thanx for being here. :)

@Tom : Hmm..children these days, (taking for granted that i am atleast a half-grown up :D ) are kept so well-informed and exposed to knowledge,that i find a wide 'Gap' of thought and reason ,in every three/four years of age-gap.I feel ,i wud think better than my bro ,at his age.And ,that my li'l neighbour wud think better than me,when she'd be my age!

And ,i think,even the IQ levels are bettering day-by-day.A new generation of 'we-think-differently',thinkers..takes birth every five years.Now,the "u wudn't understand....." lines aren't limited to mother-daughter conversations!!
U ll see it everywhere...
Watever u name it ...i call it ,Generation Gap!

Vinay said...

I agree children these days are way too smart and way too quick but I differ on the generation GAP concept we belong to the same generation...its just that beyond mid teens, the brains hits rock bottom and ceases to function. Thats when we fall in love and start partying.

Priyanka Tadipatri said...

@vinay: lol....mebbe, dats true too!

I termed it the generation GAP, u might call it something else.
Wateva, said and done....It remains a fact that, it exists!!

Anonymous said...

nice.... nt bad at all....
hope u din copy paste lol